08 November 2023
THE STIRLING SMITH FAIR WORK FIRST STATEMENT
The Stirling Smith Art Gallery and Museum is committed to the Scottish Government’s Fair Work First Policy. As an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer, The Smith cares about the rewards and conditions of employment and the well-being of staff and is committed to improving work-life balance.
The Stirling Smith is committed to advancing the Fair Work First Policy through:
- Providing channels for effective employee engagement; holding regular 1-to-1 and all-staff meetings.
- Commitment to being a Real Living Wage employer.
- Not using inappropriate zero-hours contracts and opposing the use of hire and fire practices.
- Actively promoting employees to consider union membership.
- Undertaking a fair and transparent recruitment process with all job opportunities advertised internally.
- Investing in training for all staff, focusing on organisational priorities and individual personal development.